This is a 2 hours class built to your fly fishing needs! This is the perfect option for those that are serious about getting into fly fishing or for those that would like to advance their skills. We will help you develop your own skills to succeed when we aren’t around.
The first hour you will learn how to navigate a fly shop, go over rods, reels, and terminal tackle. You will learn a few basic knots and rig up your own rod! The final hour of this class is spent on casting. By the end of the course, you will have a basic understanding of what fly fishing is, how it works as well as the framework of an excellent cast.
Areas we can work on:
- Casting – beginner to advanced
- Knots – standard to specialized
- Terminal tackle – fly line, leaders, tippet, etc.
- Equipment – breakdown on rods, reels, etc.
- How to fish – rigging systems (dries, nymphs, streamers)
- Where to fish – reading water and fish habitat
- What to fish – bug identification, hatches, various corresponding flies
- Various fish species
- Landing and handling fish
This class is performed on land and does not require a Montana fishing license. Once you purchase this class you will receive an email from our instructor to set up a date and time for your class. If you have any questions you can call the shop or send an email to email@example.com
Full payment is due at the time of purchase and is nonrefundable (can only be redeemed for a later class or store credit).