Simply put, the Knot Tyer is the single best nail knot tool on the face of the planet. Tie super-strong knots in seconds with this one-piece, stainless steel nail knot tool. Fishing experts praise this tool for its simplicity, performance and the durability of the knots it ties. The NAIL KNOT is the most affective way to tie any size monofilament to your line. It is a smooth and secure knot that easily passes in and out of the rod guides. With this knot, the harder you pull the better it “GRYPS” and holds.
- Place tool in palm of either hand and grasp tightly with fingers. Place thumb on THUMB PAD. The TIP should be in perfect focus.
- Place leader between GUIDE through CHANNEL and TIPS/SLOT so that line extends approximately 6 inches beyond TIP. Use thumb to secure line over PAD.
- Pull short line downward into SLOT and wrap a tight coil of 4-5 turns. Wrap back around Tyer TIPS towards thumb using forefinger to hold turns in place.
- From the thumb side, thread short line back into CHANNEL under all turns and out through slotted TIPS
- Insert fly line under wraps and give “tag end” a light jerk. This causes knot to slide off Tyer onto fly line. Inspect and adjust wraps before securing knot completely. Trim off excess.