Built around your existing knowledge of all things spey. Never held a two-handed rod but would love to learn more about it and see if it’s right for you? We provide all rods, lines, and equipment needed for spey fishing. Try it on and see if it is the next investment you’d like to add to your fly fishing experience.
Work with our certified instructors to get the most out of your learning experience. Our spey instructors are some of the best in our area with decades of experience and knowledge.
This is the perfect option for those that are serious about getting into swinging flies for trout or steelhead or for those that would like to advance their skills.
Our instruction plans are different than a guided trip, we will teach and practice with you until you’ve got the skill down! We will help you develop your own skills to succeed when we aren’t around.
Our plans can include:
- Casting – beginner to advanced
- Various anchor placements – basic to advanced skills
- Knots – standard to specialized
- Spey lines – shooting heads, running line, tips
- Equipment – breakdown on rods, reels, etc.
- Where to fish – reading water and fish habitat for swung flies
- What to fish – swing flies for trout, salmon, steelhead, and other species of targetable fish
- Hook setting, running line management, and fighting a fish
- How to swing a run
When you purchase a private instruction, your instructor will contact you to set up your personal instruction plan and date.
We ask for a 50% deposit to reserve your time and date for the instruction. We do understand and allow for cancellations/rescheduling at least 72 hours before.
*When performing instruction on the water, a Montana Fishing License is required.*
These prices are good for one angler. Workable discounted prices available for two anglers, please inquire for details.