Built to your fly fishing learning needs! Work with our certified instructors to get the most out of your learning experience.
This is the perfect option for those that are serious about getting into fly fishing or for those that would like to advance their skills.
Our instruction plans are different than a guided trip, we will teach and practice with you until you’ve got the skill down! We will help you develop your own skills to succeed when we aren’t around.
We offer an hour up to a half day of instructional plans, both on land and on the water. One to two-hour instructions are performed on land. Generally, over two hours is on the water and six hours can be in a boat or wading.
Custom made to your schedule as well as your ability, from beginners to advanced anglers. Pick and choose what aspect(s) of fly fishing you’d like to learn about or improve on.
Areas we can work on:
- Casting – beginner to advanced double hauling
- Spey casting and fishing – basic to advanced skills and how to fish the swing
- Knots – standard to specialized
- Terminal tackle – fly line, leaders, tippet, etc.
- Equipment – breakdown on rods, reels, etc.
- How to fish – mending, rigging systems (dries, nymphs, streamers), boat vs. wade fishing tactics
- Where to fish – reading water and fish habitat
- What to fish – bug identification, hatches, various corresponding flies
- Various fish species
- Landing and handling fish
- Boating skills – rowing for fishing, backing trailers, un/loading boats, configuring your own boat set up
When you purchase a private instruction, your instructor will contact you to set up your personal instruction plan and date.
We ask for a 50% deposit to reserve your time and date for the instruction. We do understand and allow for cancellations/rescheduling at least 72 hours before.
*When performing instruction on the water, a Montana Fishing License is required.*
These prices are good for one angler.