Galvan Torque Fly Reel
The Galvan Torque represents a lifetime of fly-fishing and passion for reel design. Simply stated, Torque represents the very best of modern fly reel architecture. Galvan wanted to create a revolutionary reel with more sufficient drag system than was presently available on the market, and it had to be sexy.
The unique cutouts on the frame, spool, drag knob and foot are aesthetically pleasing, but also structurally significant as it reduces the weight of the reel while maintaining strength and increasing rigidity. The rounded rims on both spool and frame enhance durability to withstand extreme angling conditions.
From the first crank of the contoured counter balance spool, the quality becomes apparent: efficiency and simplicity driven by function. In this case, less is more and cost is no exception as the Torque retails at half the price of reels in its class.
The Torque is saltwater safe, and will perform flawlessly under the harshest conditions. From remote alpine lakes to the saltwater flats the highly ventilated spool and frame balance nicely with the lightest of todays fly rods yet still compliments a modern big game saltwater stick. The Torque is tough as nails and skillfully marries the technology of the future with the tradition of the past.
Features and Benefits
- Cutouts on the frame, spool, drag knob and foot significantly reduce the weight of the reel while maintaining strength and increasing rigidity
- Rounded rims on both spool and frame enhance durability to better withstand impact during extreme angling conditions
- Saltwater safe, and will perform flawlessly under the harshest conditions
- Large arbor design for increased rate of line retrieval per spool revolution
- Torque retails at half the price of reels in its class
|Model & Diameter||Spool Width||Weight(oz.)||Line Weights||Line Capacity||Yards Micron Backing||(lbs.) Micron Backing||Reel Price||Spool Price|
|T- 4 (3.25)||.85″||4.5||4-5||WF-4-F / WF-5-F||100 yd / 75 yd||20 lb||$365.00||$165.00|
|T- 5 (3.5)||.90″||4.8||5-6||WF-5-F / WF-6-F||125 yd / 100 yd||20 lb||$385.00||$175.00|
|T-6 (3.75)||.95″||5.2||6-7||WF-6-F / WF-7-F||150 yd / 125 yd||20 lb||$410.00||$185.00|
|T- 8 (4.0)||1.25″||7.6||8||WF-8-F||200 yd||20 lb||$430.00||$200.00|