Steelhead and Spey flies on the Thompson? Got it. Madison river browns and big sculpin patterns? Check. Stripers eating Clousers in the surf? You bet. Two-handers aren’t just for Atlantic salmon anymore, and our 14′ 5″ 9-Weight Classic Spey Rod can do it all.
And they do it well.
Two-handed rods are synonymous with Spey casting. Some anglers come to embrace Spey casting for its seemingly effortless delivery, some for its romance and grace; whatever your draw there’s no denying the amazing utility of these rods in a wide variety of fishing situations.
We design rods with wide grain windows, forgiving actions and loads of feel. Feel might seem like an esoteric thing, but it’s the tactile expression of the soul of a rod. Rods with feel enhance an anglers performance and enjoyment, and those things aren’t just the domain of guides or instructors. Talk to us about these rods and you may hear us describe them as having “grunt”, or “whump” or “hooahh”. That’s the Burkie feel, and you’ll feel it too.
Features and Benefits:
- Reel Seat: T-6061 dark anodized aluminum
- Guides: Chrome Nanolite stripper and hard chrome snakes
- Blank Color: Deep Cedar Green
- Winding Check: Nickel Silver
- Cork Inlay: Three layer
- Handle: Hand sorted select Flor grade cork
- Line Recommedations: Line Weight: 8/9/10; Grain Window: 550-700; Skagit: 630; Scandi: 570; Integrated: 9/10